Overthinking seems to be a real issue.
I recently did a survey on overthinking and was amazed at the number of responses I got.
Here’s a summary of the findings:
1. People are worried about getting something wrong and looking stupid or making a bad decision.
2. Many of you stress about what other people think of you and second-guess their motives and intentions.
3. Quite a few don’t like posting on social media because they’re not sure how they come across.
4. Lots really don’t like letting people down, or having people think badly of them.
5. This leads to procrastination, which slows you down and stops you making progress.
6. The fear and worry can stop you sleeping. It lowers your mood, drains your energy and wastes your time.
7. Most respondents feel stuck, angry and frustrated. They’re stagnating
8. All of the respondents have had enough and want to be free to enjoy life and take positive action.
On 27 July I’m running a 4 week course to help you stop overthinking. It’s free, all I ask is that you give me some feedback as we go along.
Spend an hour or so a week on the videos and activities and you should be more in control of your thoughts.
This course has now started and I can’t take any more people on.
If you would like to pre-register for the next course on overthinking please click here.