I recently delivered the beta version of a new course I’ve written: Stop Overthinking – Now!
It was a frantic few weeks producing and delivering the content, keeping the participants motivated and interested as well as dealing with all of the questions and technical glitches. And that’s on top of the day job!
I loved every minute of it though.
Here are 8 insights based on the feedback from those taking part in the course:
- Everyone overthinks, we all do it sometimes. You’re not alone!
- Overthinking is not the same as being analytical or thinking deeply, it’s negative and unhelpful.
- Thoughts aren’t facts, even when they look as though they are. Realising that just because you think something doesn’t make it true can be liberating.
- We get hung up on what ‘people’, or ‘everyone’, or ‘they’ think of us. These are generalisations though. We all care what people re respect think. Have them in mind.
- We compare ourselves to the wrong people, at the wrong time. We make no allowances for age, experience, situation, expertise or other factors that influence
- We can procrastinate because we’re afraid of failing, or succeeding.
- We can also procrastinate because we like the rush of a deadline or just don’t know how to get started.
- We can learn how to manage our overthinking.
That’s right, we can learn how to manage it!
You can watch a recording of my webinar on overthinking here.
And you can register your interest in my 6 week course on managing your overthinking here.