Many successful, intelligent and highly competent people struggle with their confidence.
- They don’t go for promotions because they feel that they’re not ready.
- They can’t speak up at meetings because they don’t want to upset anyone, or look stupid.
- Other people take credit for their ideas and work, but they don’t feel they can say anything.
- They think if they work harder and do a great job, someone will notice one day.
- They believe that you can’t put yourself first. In fact, if you don’t sort everyone else out before looking after yourself you’re a selfish cow and a bad mother.
- If they run their own businesses, they don’t enjoy sales or networking because they think it means pushing themselves forward.
I know because for a long time that was me.
I thought there was nothing I could do about it, that I would just have to put up with it and maybe one day things would get better.
I now know that you can change how you feel. That you can become consistently confident in a way that is totally right for you. I know because I did it. And now I help my clients do it every day. And they feel great about it.
You won’t suddenly become arrogant, cocky or selfish. You will finally be you, in all your glory, with no guilt, recriminations or self-doubt.
The work we do together can be life-changing. Why?
Because you will not be blaming yourself for everything that goes a bit wrong. You will feel happier and more relaxed, at work and at home.
Because you won’t be frightened of what other people think, you will be more assertive and able to stand up for yourself, without getting on people’s nerves or feeling like a complete bitch. So you will get your self-respect back and get what you want a bit more often. And when you don’t, you’ll have at least had your say.
As you won’t be so stressed and trying to do everything, you’ll sleep better and have time to go to the gym, or see your friends, so you’ll feel healthier and happier.
Because you’ll be able to ask for what you want, you will find success is easier to achieve. You will not be getting in your own way any more and nobody will be taking advantage of you.
And you will be doing all this in whatever way feels right for you.
So how does it work?
The idea behind it is that we do a deep dive into whatever is holding you back and get your confidence up as quickly as possible. I design the programme for each client, as everyone’s experience of being confident, or not, is unique to them. That means it’s hard to be too specific but in general, it will look something like this:
We’ll have a theme for each of the three months of the programme, based on what I think are the three secrets of confidence. If we agree that one isn’t that relevant to you then we’ll replace it with something that will make more of a difference to you:
Secret 1: Self-belief
Step 1: Value your talents and achievements correctly
Step 2: Investigate the stories you tell yourself about what people think about you
Step 3: Stretch your comfort zone
Secret 2: Develop resilience
Step 1: Understand your stressors
Step 2: Create your resilience toolkit
Step 3: Develop a growth mindset
Secret 3: Practise self-compassion
Step 1: Ditch perfectionism
Step 2: Choose your reactions
Step 3: Be kind to yourself
You’ll start by preparing your confidence landscape using an online questionnaire. This is a visual representation of your confidence and allows us to really understand what’s going on for you.
That will be followed by an intensive half day kickstarter session, when we will drill down into your confidence landscape, prepare your behavioural profile and start to sort out your most pressing issues.
You’ll then have 8 x 1.5 hour coaching sessions, working our way through the issues we’ve identified, resolving them and challenging you to try new ways of being, thinking and doing.
In these sessions I will use a blend of traditional coaching practices, your behavioural profile and associated resources. I may also use BWRT (Brain Working Recursive Therapy) where appropriate, and with your agreement. This is a new and immensely powerful technique that can help clients to quickly overcome unhelpful thought patterns and beliefs. If I think it’s right for you, I’ll tell you more at the appropriate time.
What is included in the programme:
- Confidence landscape, analysing your triggers, comfort zones and stories
- Warriors, settlers and nomads behavioural profile
- 1 x half day kickstarter meeting to discuss your confidence issues, explore your behavioural profile and sort out your most pressing confidence issue
- 8 x 1.5 hour 1:1 coaching sessions
- Weekly 15 minute check-in call to deal with any issues you are having, hold you accountable and celebrate successes
- Text, WhatsApp, phone and email support between sessions
- All materials
- Private Facebook and LinkedIn groups
- Access to the graduate programme to build on your successes in this programme
The 1:1 Confident in 90 Days Programme costs £4,000. If you prefer to spread your payments over the three months of the programme you are welcome to do so at no extra cost to you.
This is a demanding and intensive programme and while it can deliver great results, it isn’t right for everyone. To find out if the programme is right for you, book a confidential chat with me. If it’s not a good fit with what you need right now, I can probably point you in the right direction. Don’t put up with it: sort it!
Call me on 07833 478 761 or email me at email@example.com
Confident in 90 Days © Alchemy Business Coaching Limited trading as Alquimia Coaching and Development.
Programme details correct January 2019